Diesel Mechanic - Daytona
daytona beach, FL
Why apply through VITUS? VITUS Search Group is a direct hire search firm that prides ourselves on the relationships we have with our clients. Due to those relationships, we get your resume directly into the hands of the hiring manager instead of being buried in an inbox. Our job is to be your personal spokesperson to give you the best opportunity to land your dream job.
VITUS Search Group partnered with a large waste disposal company looking for Diesel Mechanics/Technicians. 40hrs a week, possibility for O.T, and benefits included. Diesel Technicians will be responsible for diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance and inspections on waste removal trucks. Must have previous diesel experience with large vehicles or transit vehicles and be able to work with little to no supervision.
- Diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance on transmissions, breaks and suspensions for heavy duty trucks
- Operate servicing equipment
- Some welding or fabricating
- Maintain service records
- Conduct safety checks
- Experience with heavy duty diesel engines
- Experience in diagnostic equipment, electrical wiring diagram, service manuals, and operate vehicles for maintenance
- Experience working on waste vehicles a plus
What We Offer
- Fee Reimbursement for ASE Certifications
- Monthly tool allowance
- Annual boot allowance
- Competitive Pay
- PTO and Vacation pay
- Excellent health and dental
- Annual Safety Bonus
CURRENTLY CONDUCTING INTERVIEWS
Meet Your Recruiter
Maren has been in the staffing industry since 2007 where she has had experience in several disciplines including Accounting, Clerical, Information Technology, Health Care and now Diesel Technology. Maren started in the industry as a Staffing Manager, then was promoted to Division Director before becoming a Managing Director. In 2016, Maren, along side former CEO, Chuck Stamford, started VITUS Search Group.